Understand the IT security features that are needed to secure the IT infrastructure of a small to medium-size business. This book will give IT managers and executives a solid understanding of the different technology solutions that their business relies upon–or should be employing–in order to make reasoned decisions regarding the implementation of those features. Coverage includes multi-factor authentication, firewalls, zero-trust environments, network segmentation, remote access solutions, and the people aspects of security that are often overlooked and represent an organization’s biggest vulnerability.
Chapters on the various technologies such as multi-factor authentication and zero-trust environments explain in plain English the values and benefits that each technology provides. Clear technical explanations are accompanied by business case explanations that explain the “why” of each technology and when each technology should be implemented. You will come away equipped to have business-driven discussions with your IT staff that allow for a productive balancing of the need for security with the need to do business and drive profits.
You Will Learn
- The importance of multi-factor authentication
- The limits of what multi-factor authentication can protect
- How firewalls are used to protect your company from attackers
- What zero-trust environments are and what they mean
- Whether zero-trust networks are what is needed to secure your own environment
- The security benefits from implementing a network segmentation policy
- The best ways to access files and resources from remote locations outside the office
Who This Book Is For
Managers and executives at small to medium-size businesses who want to understand the core aspects of IT security on which their business relies, business leaders who want to be able to follow along with and engage in discussions with IT professionals about security features, and leaders who are tasked with making decisions on which IT security features to implement